Okay, okay, fine. I’ve written three pages about artesian wells (exam practice – it’s not half fun, actually. Does this make me sad or normal?) time for some procrastination. Erin, thank you.
Questions. And Erin’s already tagged nearly everybody I would have tagged, and my WordPress reader is broken for some mysterious reason, so… here goes nothing.
1. You’re on a deserted island, and you find a cave. What would you expect to find in it? I’m going to go ahead and assume it’s a relatively small island. If this is real life, I’d expect to find water, rocks, probably sand, and maybe some bats. If it’s fiction and a small island, I’d expect to find hidden treasure, or at the very least cave paintings. If it’s fiction and a large island and an ice cave, I’d expect to find Superman.
2. If you could have one superpower, which would you pick? You actually have to ask? I’d have Starlight’s. That’s how she’s got it, after all.
3. What one song would you choose for the theme music for a movie about your life? I’d really rather there wasn’t a movie made about my life… for one thing about fifty percent of it is internal monologue… but if you mean what’s my favorite tune, the one that I think best suits me, I’ll go with Prokofiev’s Lieutenant Kijé Suite.
4. You can only wear one color for the rest of your life. What color would you pick? Only one color… that means I can wear black, white, and one color. I’ll go with blue, because there are many sorts of blue, and it’s a nice versatile color. You can push it almost into green, and totally into purple, not to mention that the best of those amazing Elie Saab ombre dresses are a kind of smoky blue. And my eyes are usually blue.
5. What’s one thing you want to do that’s wild, crazy, or unusual? Dye my hair blue. Or go to the next ComicCon as Ravager. Or both – I’ll have to wear a wig for the Ravager costume anyway, so the two aren’t incompatible.
6. If you had to give a speech to the whole world for five minutes, what topic would it be about? If I had to… if I had to… I don’t know. Fortunately that’s not likely to happen.
7. You get to have lunch with any three famous people, present or past! Who would you pick? I’m an introvert. I don’t do people things. (I’m definitely not a sociopath, just in case you were wondering.) But… if it was just meeting any three famous people, not necessarily at the same time… I would love to meet G. K. Chesterton. And Dorothy Sayers. And I think the third would be Dior or Givenchy or Alaïa or de la Renta or Chanel. Just because even though I get about in jeans and hand-painted superhero t-shirts, I do care about clothes and looking amazing.
8. What is your favorite scent, and why? Vanilla. I don’t know why – it’s warm, I guess. And it makes me think of Grace and Batman, though not necessarily in the same frame.
9. Share one of your favorite quotes. Oh, lord, just one? Right at this precise moment, it’s the corollary to trying: “I didn’t try. I did. It’s just what I did wasn’t very good.” – ‘Ben’. Other days if you asked you’d get this one: “Don’t give up five minutes before the miracle. Of course, the flipside of that is, if you do give up, you’ll never know.”
10. Give us two true statements about yourself and one false statement, and see if your readers can guess which one is false. Hm. Interesting. Here goes. 1: I was selected for the national team in one of the two sports I play. 2: Of the five dresses in my closet, four are black. 3: I think Oscar Wilde’s philosophy of life is more accurate than Marcus Aurelius’.
So. I think I’ll tag Iris, because I think that’s safe… and Erin hasn’t yet.
And IcedMocha34, because let’s get the whole superhero club in on this, and she’s an honorary at least… and I can’t find her blog anymore.
And VJ, because he ignored the last tag and I want to see if he’s still Sithly.
Is it a problem that I can’t remember my own current phone number but I’ve memorized the blog URLs for everybody I know online?
Thanks for reading – and which fact’s true?